WALLESS has deep expertise in the energy sector. WALLESS team is particularly known for renewable projects, including wind and solar energy sources. WALLESS team is regularly involved in privatizations and mergers and acquisitions of major energy enterprises in the Baltics. In addition to transactional matters, WALLESS team advises clients on energy sector regulatory matters, distribution and transmission related matters, power purchase agreements, governmental permits and/or licensees, tariff regulation, and state organised auctions.
WALLESS specialised interdisciplinary coverage allows to assist clients with all aspects of the development of energy projects, including lease, land use and detail planning, procurement, construction agreements, regulatory matters, competition and state aid issues, project financing and M&A.
- WALLESS successfully represented Saare Wind Energy in a lawsuit against the Government of the Republic of Estonia
- WALLESS represents leading Estonian district heating company
- WALLESS represented NGOs in litigation concerning the high-speed railway Rail Baltic
- WALLESS advises a wind energy developer in Estonia in connection with several wind parks
- WALLESS advises Lääne-Nigula municipality on the development of a new on-shore wind farm