Effective as of 9 February 2021
1. Data controllers
WALLESS law firms in Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania are the data controllers of your personal data. Depending on the location where legal or other services are provided, one of the following law firms is the data controller in relation to your personal data: Advokatų profesinė bendrija “WALLESS” (address Upės str. 23, Vilnius, Lithuania), Advokaadibüroo Walless OÜ (address Liivalaia 45, 10145 Tallinn, Estonia) and WALLESS, Attorneys at Law (address Sporta iela 11, LV-1013, Riga, Latvia) (hereinafter also jointly and severally also referred to as WALLESS and each of them separately as a WALLESS law firm).
2. Personal data
Personal data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable living individual. Different pieces of information, which collected together can lead to identification of particular person, also constitutes personal data.
Please do not send any personal data, especially sensitive personal data, about yourself if you do not want that information to be used in this way.
WALLESS does not collect data from individuals under the age of 14, so if you are under the age of 14 you should not use this Website and should not provide your personal data.
Information about you will be collected, if provided by you through certain facilities on our Website, for example, the newsletter subscription. The purpose of these facilities is apparent at the point where you provide your personal information and WALLESS only uses your information for those specific purposes. Your data may also be collected from social media platforms that may share information about how you interact with our social media content. Also, if you are a potential client or a client (or its representative) we will collect personal data that is needed to provide you with your required legal services.
3. Personal data collected, its purposes and legal grounds
Each WALLESS law firm will process your personal data for (i) the conclusion and execution of a contract with you as well as to render legal services requested by you (Article 6(1)(b) of the GDPR) and / or (ii) with your consent (Article 6(1)(a) of the GDPR)and / or (iii) when we have to comply with a legal obligation (Article 6(1)(c) of the GDPR) and / or (iv) where we have a legitimate interest to do so (Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR), balancing this interest against your interests and fundamental rights. Such legitimate interests are administrative functions within WALLESS law firms, marketing activities and complying with your requests for information. WALLESS collects personal data for the following purposes:
– Direct interactions. For the purpose of handling your queries sent to the WALLESS e-mail or social accounts, WALLESS collects the following personal data: name, surname (or profile name in social network), e-mail address, other contact details you provide (e.g., your phone number), subject matter and text of your query. Such personal data will be processed on the basis of your consent (on your request to provide and answer) and WALLESS legitimate interests (to manage and administer your questions) and / or to enter into a contract with you. Data will be stored for 2 years following the receipt of your query.
– Direct marketing. For the purpose of direct marketing (delivery of informational newsletters, publications and / or marketing communications) WALLESS collects the following personal data: name, surname, e-mail address, organization, position, country, subscribed informational publications and access thereto.
The personal data processed for the purpose of direct marketing will be processed on the basis of your explicit consent and / or legitimate interest of WALLESS (in case of marketing information sent to a client about similar services that were already provided by WALLESS). Personal data for this purpose is stored until you unsubscribe or otherwise opt-out from the marketing publications. If you unsubscribe or otherwise opt-out, the data will be deleted immediately.
WALLESS informs you that you can revoke your consent for direct marketing at any time. You can do that by contacting us by e-mail email@example.com. Also, in each communication you will be provided with an opportunity to unsubscribe.
– Recruiting. For recruiting purpose WALLESS collects the following personal data: name, surname, your e-mail address, phone number, subject matter and text of your query, information about your experience and other information provided by you in your CV.
Candidate’s personal data is processed based on WALLESS law firm legitimate interests to find a colleague and at the request of the candidate in order to take steps prior to entering into a contract. Should you fail to provide your personal data, we will not be able to invite you for an interview and / or evaluate your suitability for a position. WALLESS law firm will store the personal data about the candidate for as long as the selection to the specific position is taking place and 6 months after. Based on your consent such personal data may be stored longer.
– Social networks. For the purpose of managing and administering WALLESS social network (i.e. “Facebook” and “LinkedIn” accounts) WALLESS collects the following personal data you provided voluntarily: your social network profile name, profile picture, public comments made in the account of WALLESS, subject matter and text of your queries, if any. WALLESS law firm processes this personal data on the basis on your consent (on your request to provide you with an answer or your choice to comment) and WALLESS legitimate interests to communicate with our followers. Such personal data will be stored until the account of WALLESS is actively used by WALLESS, unless you by yourself at any time delete (or ask us to delete) your personal data earlier on.
– Events. For the purpose of registering to and participating in WALLESS conference, events, seminars WALLESS law firm collects the following personal data: name, surname, organization, job title or role, office address (if needed for the event), e-mail address, phone number, dietary requirements (if needed for the event), vehicle plate’s numbers (depends on the venue), image (if photos or videos are being taken during the event or it is an online event), information about prior events, your interests and preferences (if provided). Such personal data will be processed in order to perform a contract concluded with you or based on WALLESS law firm’s legitimate interests and / or your consent. Personal data processed for this purpose will be stored for 2 years after the end of specific event.
– Legal services. For the purpose of provision of WALLESS services, WALLESS law firm collects the following personal data: name, surname of the client / potential client or it’s representative, organization, job title or role, office address, e-mail address, phone number, time and duration of meetings and calls, bank account number and other payment information, tax information, data related with the case / assignment circumstances, provided or collected related documents, e-mails sent to WALLESS law firm’s employees, attorneys or assistant attorneys and correspondence with them, other information given to us or received in relation to the services.
In specific cases for legal services we may also process sensitive personal data, such as information about criminal offences (Article 10) and/or special categories of personal data, such as health information (Article 9(2) of the GDPR)
The personal data processed for the purpose of provision of WALLESS services will be processed on the basis of the performance of the contract, to comply with legal obligations (tax, accounting, bar requirements, etc.) and WALLESS legitimate interests (to defend our legal rights, billing, administration purposes, etc.) The personal data processed for the purpose of provision of WALLESS services will be stored for 10 years from the date of our last interaction with that client and in compliance with our obligations under the relevant laws.
– Anti-money laundering (AML) and Know your customer (KYC) compliance. For the purpose of identity verification and AML and KYC checks (when needed and in the amount needed) WALLESS law firm collects the following personal data: name, surname of the client / potential client or it’s representative, organization, job title or role, office address, e-mail address, phone number, involvement in other WALLESS law firm’s cases and assignments, main activity, copy of the ID document including date of birth, personal identification code, photograph, passport / ID number, nationality and country of residence, bank account and payments details, countries in which the potential client or represented company maintains or intends to maintain business relationships, business activities’ links to special areas, status of politically exposed person (if exists), political affiliation, payment arrangements and source of funds / income, directorships, shareholdings, information about beneficial owners of the represented company.
The personal data processed for the purpose of identity verification, AML and KYC checks will be processed on the bases of WALLESS legal obligation and public interests (prevention or detection of illegal activities). Such personal data will be stored for 10 year from the date of our last interaction with that client and in compliance with our obligations under the relevant laws.
– Conflict of interest. For the purpose of contact information and conflict of interest check WALLESS law firm collects the following personal data: name, surname of the client / potential client or it’s representative, organization, job title or role, office address, e-mail address, phone number, involvement in other WALLESS law firm’s cases and assignments, main activity.
For this purpose personal data will be processed in order to enter into contract with a client / potential client, for the performance of the contract with other clients, to comply with legal obligations and for the purposes of WALLESS or a third party’s legitimate interests. The personal data for this purpose will be stored for 10 years from the date of our last interaction with specific client and in compliance with our obligations under the relevant laws.
WALLESS will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes it was collected and processed for. This includes for example the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, accounting, reporting requirements, to carry out legal services, for the establishment or defence of legal claims. At the end of the above deadlines, your personal data will be deleted. In some cases, if required or allowed by relevant laws, your personal data may be stored for a longer period of time.
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are sent to your browser and stored on your computer, mobile phone or other device when you visit a website. The cookies send information back to the website each time you return. You can accept/reject, manage and / or delete cookies according to your preferences.
In any case, the processing of personal data with the help of cookies is based on your explicit choice using Website’s cookie banner which you can change at any time. In order to make such changes, you can click here to Manage your cookie preferences.
WALLESS collects the following cookies:
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||Necessary cookie for website basic functions. Used to detect if the visitor has accepted the statistics category in the cookie banner. This cookie is necessary for GDPR compliance.||The cookie automatically expires after 1 year.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||Necessary cookie for website basic functions. Determines whether the user has accepted the cookie consent box.||The cookie automatically expires after 1 year.|
|rc::a||Necessary cookie for website basic functions. This cookie is used to distinguish between humans and bots.||Persistent|
|rc::b||Necessary cookie for website basic functions. This cookie is used to distinguish between humans and bots.||The cookie automatically expires after session, i.e. when you close the browser.|
|rc::c||Necessary cookie for website basic functions. This cookie is used to distinguish between humans and bots.||The cookie automatically expires after session, i.e. when you close the browser.|
|_ga||Not necessary, statistics. Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website. Cookie is provided by Google Analytics.||The cookie automatically expires after 2 years.|
|_gat||Not necessary, statistics. Used by Google analytics to throttle request rate.||The cookie automatically expires after 1 day|
|_gid||Not necessary, statistics. Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website. Cookie is provided by Google Analytics.||The cookie automatically expires after 1 day.|
|NID||Not necessary, marketing. Registers a unique ID that identifies a returning user’s device. The ID is used for targeted ads.||The cookie automatically expires after 6 months.|
|webforms/o/93231/s6p1g9||Not necessary, marketing Used by Mailerlite to identify trusted web traffic and when a visitor seeks to subscribe to a newsletter.||The cookie automatically expires after session, i.e. when you close the browser.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-advertisement||Not necessary, unclassified.||The cookie automatically expires after 1 day.|
More information about Google Analytics cookies can be found here:
WALLESS informs that you can delete all cookies stored on your computer, and in most browsers you can set cookies not to be saved. Please be aware that if cookies are disabled, you may lose the ability to use the many features necessary to make the website work as well. If you need more information about cookies, visit aboutcookies.org. On this Website you may find detailed, independent information on how to disable cookies through your browser preferences and how to remove cookies that are already on your computer. In order to remove cookies from your mobile phone, you should find this information in the user guide for your phone.
5. Data sharing and transfer
Any information that you provide, including any data collected by using cookies, may be processed by each WALLESS law firm and shared with third parties (data processors) which provide each WALLESS law firm with services and act on its behalf (e.g. companies providing marketing/advertising services, companies providing data center services, IT service providers, accounting service providers, etc.). WALLESS ensures that processing of personal data by such third parties will be based on legal ground and will be performed in accordance with lawful WALLESS law firm’s instructions and in compliance with the GDPR requirements.
The personal data may also be transmitted to the relevant personal data recipients. Specifically, WALLESS may share personal data with the following categories of third parties (data processors, data recipients or separate data controllers) as necessary:
- public registers (if needed for the legal services),
- courts, arbitrators, mediators, opposing party and their lawyers (if needed for the legal proceedings),
- police, law enforcement authorities, tax authorities, other government institutions,
- our professional advisers such as lawyers, accountants or foreign law firms (if needed for the legal services),
- service providers who provide information technology and system administration services, translation, marketing, accounting, postal or courier, event management and coordination or other services,
- legal directories or other persons or entities for the purposes of obtaining feedback or references in relation to client services provided to you (if needed, we will check with you that you are willing to be contacted),
- other natural or legal persons where this is related to and necessary for the organizational changes of WALLESS (for example, in the case of a merger of WALLESS),
- other persons or entities if needed to provide you with legal services as effectively as possible.
Please note that if it is expressly required by relevant laws, personal data about you can also be shared with competent public authorities.
Third countries. WALLESS will not transfer your personal data to third countries (countries outside the EU/EEA), unless this is assessed as necessary. This may be the case if WALLESS law firm has to involve external parties, e.g. liaison law firms, financial advisors, other advisors, banks, insurance companies in order to provide you with the requested legal advice. Such ad hoc transfer of personal is subject to Article 49(1)(b-e) of the GDPR. Also, WALLESS informs that personal information collected with the help of cookies providers can be transferred to a non-EEA country (e.g. US, when Google Analytics are used). WALLESS makes every effort to ensure that such data transfers comply with the requirements of GDPR and implements appropriate measures to ensure that your personal data remains protected and secure.
6. Data protection measures
WALLESS implements appropriate and GDPR compliant technical and organizational measures to protect information about you against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, and against all other unlawful forms of processing.
While WALLESS strives to protect the personal data WALLESS process, please understand that WALLESS cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us since these days no method of data transmission or storage can be 100% secure.
7. Your rights
You have right to: (i) access the information each WALLESS law firm processes about you, (ii) have such information corrected, updated, erased or blocked, (iii) receive a copy of your information, (iv) to object to processing activities, (v) if the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you are entitled to revoke such consent at any time (revocation of your consent will not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out prior to your revocation of consent), (vi) to receive your personal data provided to WALLESS law firm in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit that personal data to another controller.
To exercise these rights, you should make a written request at firstname.lastname@example.org. WALLESS law firm will exercise your rights within 30 days, unless there are legitimate grounds for extending such a period. In order to ensure data protection and properly exercise your rights, WALLESS law firm has the right to ask you to provide proof of your identity.
Also you have a right to lodge a complaint with the relevant Data Protection Authority, i.e. either the Lithuanian State Data Protection Inspectorate, the Estonian Data Protection Inspectorate, or the Latvian Data State Inspectorate.
The contact details of State data Protection Inspectorates:
- Lithuanian State Data Protection Inspectorate, address L. Sapiegos str. 17, 10312 Vilnius, Lithuania, e-mail email@example.com, website https://vdai.lrv.lt/.
- Estonian Data Protection Inspectorate, address 39 Tatari St., 10134 Tallinn, Estonia, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, website https://www.aki.ee/.
- Latvian Data Protection Inspectorate, address Blaumana Street 11/13-11, Riga, LV-1011 Latvia, e-mail email@example.com, website www.dvi.gov.lv.
WALLESS law firm would recommend and be grateful if you contact us before lodging a complaint to the relevant Data Protection Inspectorate and express your concerns or questions to us. We will do our best to assist you with all your queries.
Please note that some of the rights listed above may be limited where WALLESS law firm’s legitimate interests or legal obligations override your interests and rights (particularly, in connection with exercising and defending our legal rights or meeting our legal and regulatory obligations). Also, some personal data may be exempt from disclosure due to reasons of confidentiality obligations and / or legal professional privilege and professional secrecy.
The Website may include links to the websites that are owned, published and maintained by any third party. WALLESS does not undertake any responsibility for the accuracy or reliability of any such third-party websites.
The Website and its contents are provided for general information purposes only. WALLESS assumes no responsibility for the information and material on the Website.
The information about legal matters on the Website is provided as a general guide only and should not be relied on as a substitute for specific legal advice. Nothing on this website or in its contents is intended to provide legal or other professional advice, or to advertise legal services.
To the extent permissible by applicable laws WALLESS is not responsible or liable for any matter relating to you or any third parties accessing or using this Website and its contents.
10. Details of the Website and ownership
The Website, content of the Website, code of the Website, design, domain name, all copyrights, trademarks, databases, corporate names and other intellectual property or other property related to the Website and / or its contents are fully owned by WALLESS and / or licensors and / or content providers, and are protected by national and international intellectual property laws and other legislation.
Unless expressly permitted by WALLESS, you have no right, in any form and by any means, to copy, capture, reproduce in any form or manner, launch, publish, transfer, sell, translate, reprocess, submit, licence, modify, create derivative works from or based upon, republish, edit, transmit, retransmit or otherwise make public, publicly perform or display, frame, distribute or use, in part or in its entirety, the Website, the Website content or Website code.
For any information regarding the Website, WALLESS and your personal data please contact us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full contacts of WALLESS law firms:
Advokatų profesinė bendrija “WALLESS”
address Upės str. 23, Vilnius, Lithuania
Phone: +370 611 04864
Advokaadibüroo Walless OÜ
address Liivalaia 45, 10145 Tallinn, Estonia
Phone: +372 611 0915
WALLESS, Attorneys at Law
address Sporta iela 11, LV-1013, Riga, Latvia
Phone: +371 67 357 010