Main takeaways from the Lithuanian public procurement market
Where can you meet Lithuanian public procurement society in one place? At the largest public procurement conference in Lithuania VP PRO Vilnius. WALLESS team Laura Ziferman, Marius Dobilas and Giedrė Banytė not only had a chance to attend but also to share their knowledge with the community.
Gatherings like this are the perfect place to feel the temperature of the market. And it is hot (!) with never-ending questions to discuss.
Here are the main takeaways from the Lithuanian public procurement market:
· We need to see a wider picture: public procurement begins from a need and ends with an implemented contract. Public procurement procedures are not limited to an invitation to submit tender bids and an award of the contract.
· We have a political will to make public procurements easier for both contracting authorities and suppliers.
· Concessions are an unavoidable future that will come without our will. Therefore, it is time to prepare in advance.
· Green public procurements need to be
implemented not only on paper. Too much pressure to apply green criteria may cause the opposite situation.
· The case law on confidential information creates a new obligation to contracting authorities – they need to assess whether disclosed information might be used by a competitor for unfair competition purposes.
Thank you CONFINN for captured conference moments!