Karolyn´s main area of practice is resolution of civil disputes. Karolyn has a long-term work experience in a court system. She worked five years as an adviser at the Civil Chamber of the Supreme Court of Estonia and assisted Justices in the preparation and review of cases (concerning e.g., labour law, law of obligations, property law, corporate law, family law, civil procedure, enforcement law, insolvency proceedings). In addition, she did an internship as a judicial clerk in the Tallinn Circuit Court in 2019.
Karolyn has Master´s degree in both Law and Economics. Karolyn also conducts studies at the University of Tartu, giving seminars at the Faculty of Law in the subject “Civil Law: General Part”, lectures in the field of medical sciences at the subject “Psychiatry in Court Procedure” and lectures and seminars at the Institute of Family Medicine and Public Health at the subject “Fundamentals of Medical Law for Nursing Managers”. Since 2013, Karolyn has compiled regular case law analyzes on behalf of the Ministry of Justice and has participated as a specialist in studies conducted by the University of Tartu Centre for Applied Social Sciences (“Labor Dispute Analysis” (2013); “Credit Market Survey for the Ministry of Finance” (2021)).
* legal assistant does not provide legal services in accordance with § 40(3) of the Estonian Bar Association Act
Walless Super Power
Fundamental knowledge of economics and civil litigation.
- Estonian, English
- Law firm WALLESS, Tallinn, Junior Associate (2021)
- Tallinn Circuit Court, internship as a judicial clerk (2019)
- Supreme Court of Estonia, Tartu, Legal Information Department, case law analyst (2014–2015)
- Supreme Court of Estonia, Tartu, Judicial Training Department, private law training specialist (2013–2014)
- Master of Economics, University of Tartu, 2013
- Master of Laws, University of Tartu, 2012
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Tartu, 2011
- Bachelor of Economics, University of Tartu, 2009